Network Administrators can choose the checks to be performed using a standard Web Browser. NetAlert offers 18 kinds of tests (HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP, Telnet, Ping, etc.), which can be used in sequence. The following parameters are defined for each test: type, frequency, success or failure criteria, and the actions required or the alerts to be activated.
NetAlert performs its alert function by sending network or e-mail messages. If installed with RTE SMS and RTE FAX, NetAlert can also send SMS messages and Fax messages.
Regardless of whether a test is successful or fails, NetAlert will offer 7 different types of action: send e-mail, service, reboot, batch, etc. More than one action can be defined. Each test can be carried out several times before activating an action.
NetAlert keeps a log of the availability of the systems tested, the alerts activated and the actions performed. NetAlert’s numerous detailed reports can show detailed analyses of the operating conditions.
Advantages of NetAlert
- A single tool to monitor all network computer components: messaging servers, web servers, file servers, routers, databases, ERP,…
- Speed of intervention - the alert methods (e-mail, SMS 1, NT Administrative alert) make it possible to immediately notify network staff so that corrective measures can be performed rapidly.
- Fast, easy installation - NetAlert carries out its tests and the associated actions through a central installation, without client intervention on the target machines.
- Easy access - NetAlert is administered from a web interface. It is thus possible to configure the tests, consult the reports and program actions from any PC on the network with a Web Browser, or through external internet access.
- Secure Access - There are 2 levels of access to NetAlert: read-only access to tests and access for the creation, modification and reading of tests. Only authorised persons may use NetAlert.
Examples of Use of NetAlert
- Availability of your website
- NetAlert makes it possible to program a test that checks the availability of your website at regular intervals. You’ll be informed right away in case of failure rather than have your users or clients bring a connection problem to your attention. You can also easily monitor the availability of any FTP site.
- Integrity of messaging service and file servers
- NetAlert monitors the availability of messaging servers, making sure that there is enough space on disks and that backups are made correctly.
- Virus intrusion in one of the network components
- When your anti-virus detects an attack, NetAlert immediately informs you.
- Monitoring of the machine room
- When connected to a temperature probe, NetAlert can inform a network administrator when overheating is detected such as in cases of an air-conditioning system breakdown.
- When connected to a humidity probe, NetAlert can set off an alarm in case of excessive humidity or flooding.
- Power failures are also detected by NetAlert. This can give a network administrator a warning before the backup system reaches its limit.
Contact us for more information -